Religion in Life Emblem
This award is designed specifically for Scouts and Scouters to work with their spiritual advisor to meet requirements that explore their own religious backgrounds and beliefs. Scouters should make youth aware of this award, as it can be tied to school work and school religious education studies.
This award is exclusive of the Spirituality Award. Youth may earn one or the other, but not both.
Cubs develop knowledge of their own specific religious faith/denomination.
If the requirements for the Religion in Life Emblem have been set by your religious organization, ask your spiritual advisor or Scouter to help you earn this award.
- (Cub Scouts) Purple Star A8 (Participate in an activity which explores the traditions of your own faith.)
- Groups can appoint a Chaplain to assist in spiritual matters
- Scouts Canada provides electronic copies of the Religion in Life Pamphlets for several religions, from Anglican to Zoroastrianism.
- Biblical passages and commentary, which can be found at BibleGateway.com.
- Memorize the books of Old and New Testaments
- Books Of The New Testament, sung by Pamela Conn Beall (Wee Sing Bible Songs)
- Deeperstudy Shallows: Learn the New Testament Books (in song)
- Sheet music for for Books of The New Testament
- Learn the Books of the Bible Techniques to Help Children with Memorization
- Flash Cards: Books of the Bible (order or download PDF)
- Taken from MEASURING SUCCESS - THE SCOUTING WAY