National Youth Network
Scouts Canada National Youth Network
The National Youth Network exists to:
- Ensure meaningful youth involvement occurs wherever decisions are made within Scouts Canada;
- Provide direction in all areas of youth programming;
- Ensure coordination with council youth networks; and
- Encourage youth to take on leadership roles at all levels of our organization.
The National Youth Network is made up of the Council Youth Commissioners from every council across Canada, three Assistant National Youth Commissioners from Eastern, Central and Western Canada and is chaired by the National Youth Commissioner.
Some of the current projects and accomplishments of the NYN are:
- The impACT 2012 Youth Conference, bringing together more than 150 young leaders from all across Canada with a common goal of "Making your Mark". The impACT Youth Conference is set for its second instalment in the fall of 2015.
- Development and promotion of FLEX, FAST and FOCUS – our Youth Leadership training programs for Cub Scout, Scout and Venturer Scout aged youth.
- Creation and maintenance the Medal of the Maple for distinguished youth service (see Medal of the Maple for Distinguished Youth Service);
- Maintenance of Council, Area, and regional youth networks across the country; and
- Engagement of youth all across the country at every level of this movement to make Scouting in Canada the best it can be.
The National Youth Network is only a small part of the larger Scouts Canada Youth Network that is made up of the National Youth Network, all the Council Youth Networks, all the Area Youth Networks and other youth representatives across Canada.
The National Youth Network was created in 1995 under the leadership of Steve Kent. In the past 15 years, the NYN has made incredible progress within Scouts Canada in the promotion and enhancement of youth leadership.
Members on the National Youth Network
- West - Marlissa Moro, email@example.com
- Central - Carly Skan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- East - Stephen Loney, email@example.com
- Professional Development - Keegan Eatmon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cascadia – Owen Paetkau, email@example.com
- Pacific Coast - Benjamin Ng, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fraser Valley - Kenya Mendoza, email@example.com
- Chinook - Vacant
- Northern Lights - Morgan McKinney, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saskatchewan - Erica Saccary, email@example.com
- Manitoba - Victoria Knapp, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Ontario - Rebecca Dale, email@example.com
- White Pine - Vacant
- Voyageur - Devon Staff, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tri Shores - Carlie Tiller, email@example.com
- Central Escarpment - Alex Court, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Battlefields - Ashley Guay, email@example.com
- Shining Waters - Vacant
- Greater Toronto - Grace Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quebec - Kaitlyn Patterson, email@example.com
- New Brunswick - Katie Beers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nova Scotia - Alex Wilson, email@example.com
Prince Edward Island
- Prince Edward Island - Vacant
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland and Labrador - Vacant
- Group Youth Commissioner for 1st Geilenkirchen (Scouts Canada - Europe) – Ben Perrin
National Youth Conferences
|ImpACT 2012||Make Your Mark||Camp Samac in Oshawa, Ontario||October 11-14, 2012|