Scoutcraft Skills Stage 7
From Scouts Canada Wiki
Scoutcraft Skills - Stage 7 Competencies & Requirements
- Using spars (poles) and rope, I have constructed a 3m-high tower or a bridge over a 3m span.
- Scouts can complete this construction with the help of other Patrol members.
- I have taught five knots to younger Scout members.
- Scouts can teach the knots to a mastery level with a firm feel for the knot, symmetry with no twists or crossovers in the knot, with a 5–10 cm tail at the end of the knot as required.
- I have made a vagabond/tin can stove and cooked a personal camp meal on it.
- Scout can demonstrate the stove and how it works.
- I can construct a 2:1, 3:1, and 4:1 rope pulley system to raise or move loads or tension lines.
- Scouts can build all these systems and demonstrate the function by moving a 20 kilogram load.
- I have made newspapers fire logs and/or bricks, sufficient to have a three-hour warming fire indoors in a stove or fireplace or outside with a campfire.
- Scouts can demonstrate the use of this newspaper material to keep three persons warm.
- I can identify the poisonous living organisms, animals and plants in Canada.
- Scouts can describe the poisonous flora and fauna in their part of Canada.
- I have made and used a solar snow melt reflector or absorber to melt enough snow to generate 2 litres of drinking water.
- Scouts can produce the water over several days of a campout.
- Using a topographic map and magnetic compass, I have taught younger Scouts to determine their location on a map and to make their way to another location on a map.
- Scouts can teach these lessons over multiple days.
- I have organized a Scout group and participated in five days of trail or tent campsite construction/maintenance/cleanup work.
- Scouts do not have to complete the five days of work at one time.
- I can make a marine rescue Mayday radio call using the required procedures and voice script.
- Scouts can demonstrate this knowledge and refer to and use the Transport Canada Radio Distress Call script.
- I have constructed and used an improvised or commercial solar shower at camp or on a camping trip.
- The shower can be used over several days.